ELECTRICITY & GAS SAFETY
If you have a power cut, do not call your electricity supplier as they do not have control over the grid directly. Call the National Grid directly on 105 or search “Power Cut 105” online.
For properties that have gas, if you smell a gas leak, call 0800 111 999. Also, open all windows and doors; do not smoke or light a flame; do not turn any switches on or off; and if possible, turn off the meter at the control handle unless the meter is in the cellar.
If you are in a gas property, you will have a carbon monoxide alarm. If this alarm sounds, open all windows and doors; turn off all appliances that you are using; and evacuate the property immediately. Once you are safely outside, call 0800 111 999 and seek medical help immediately. Going outside with the fresh air will not treat any exposure to the gas so make sure you get medical help.