Can I make a complaint?

Yes, if you are concerned about matters that affect the quality of your learning experience. Try not to think of a complaint as a personal attack on an individual. A complaint is your opportunity to express your concern that your experience was unsatisfactory.

How can I make a complaint?

There are a number of different ways to address your concerns, depending on the nature of the issue. To find out more book an appointment to talk to a Union Support advisor.

For information on the Student Complaint Resolution process please see our useful guide.

Is it better to put my complaint in through Union Support?

Yes! We work hard to help your voice get heard. We're independent from the university and because we're primarily concerned with YOU, the student, rather than the University of Brighton as an institution, we are best placed to help you take your complaint forward.

Some complaints are made because students expect a good service for their money and the university does not always provide this. Other complaints arise because students or graduates (we can work with either) have been treated unfairly or unprofessionally by staff.

How can Union Support help me with my complaint?

We're here to support you through the complaints procedure offering help to understand the guidance, accompanying you to meetings and ensuring you are treated fairly throughout the process. We can also advise you on gathering the right evidence to support your case.