Wednesday 06 March 2019, noon - 8pm
Location: University of Brighton & University of Sussex
Varsity 2019 will see a series of sporting fixtures taking place over the month of March hosted by Sussex and Brighton Universities. #GOBRIGHTON #BRIGHTONPANTHERS
A full listing of all the varsity fixtures, times, dates, venues can be found at sport.brighton.ac.uk or by visiting our events calendar and filtering to Varsity.
Tickets will go on sale for spectators on 4th Feb. All tickets will be £2 each.
Key info for players and spectators:
- This is a no alcohol event
- All spectators and players will be bag searched upon entry to the site
- You must be a Sussex or Brighton student to attend this event
- Spectators will be required to bring proof of ticket purchase and photo ID to gain access to the site
- Players will be required to bring photo university ID
- Security and event staff reserve the right to refuse entry to any spectators or players who break any of the rules stated above or that appear on the ticket code of conduct/ T&Cs. (listed below)
Code of Conduct
This code of conduct relates to both Sussex and Brighton students both spectators & players.
What do we expect?
- Varsity 2019 is a competitive event but it is still expected that all spectators uphold respect for players from both teams, match officials, security staff, university/union staff and their fellow supporters at all times.
- All spectators are representatives of their club, Students’ Union and University and should behave in a manner befitting this before, during and after the Varsity events.
- It is a privilege for sports teams and spectators to attend and play in Varsity and the events should be treated as such. Varsity has a significant cost and administrative effort for both institutions and will not be held again unless this runs smoothly .
- Both institutions are also expected to follow the Take a Stand charter set out by BUCS #BUCStakeastand
What behaviour will not be tolerated?
A policy of zero tolerance will be applied to all Varsity events. As such, the following will not be tolerated:
- Arriving at an event drunk or otherwise intoxicated.
- Abusing, threatening or intimidating any player, spectator, match official, coach or any other participant, whether before, during or after the event.
- Failure to comply with anything an event official, SU staff or steward/security asks.
- Showing unnecessary or obvious dissension, displeasure or disapproval towards any person at the event.
- Using crude or abusive language or gestures towards any person present at the event.
- Conducting yourselves in any manner, or engage in any activity, whether before, during or after the event that would impair the reputation of your Club, Students’ Union, University or university sport in general.
- Behaving in a manner which could cause distress, alarm or harm to another.
- Any spectator that pitch invades before, during or after the event.
- Bringing any alcohol, drugs, flares & other restricted items into the event.
- Using social media to offend, abuse, threaten or intimidate any player, spectator, match official, coach or any other participant, whether before, during or after the event.
- Acting in an unlawful manner.
- You will not be granted entry if you arrive at an event drunk or otherwise intoxicated and will be asked to leave the premise immediately.
- No alcohol is to be brought into any venues and will be confiscated.
- We reserve the right to search your person and belongings at each event.
What happens if this code is breached?
- You will be removed from the venue immediately.
- You will not be allowed to attend any further Varsity events.
- You will be referred to your university for disciplinary action and may result in sanctions being placed against you and/or the club, including expulsion from further activities and the cessation any rights of membership thereof.
- You may also be referred to your University’s disciplinary procedures. The University may charge you with a breach of its code of conduct which may result in sanctions being placed against you, including expulsion from University.
Please also note:
- We reserve the right to amend or implement new regulations throughout the Varsity program and for different fixtures.
- We reserve the right to cancel Varsity at any point if problems are being experienced.
- We have made it clear to all players that any incidents of concern this year (including any caused by any spectators) may well result in the termination of any future Varsity.
We hope that all players and spectators enjoy the 2019 Varsity series in a safe and friendly manner.