Application deadline: Sun 08 Sep 2019
Please note that candidates must complete a BSU Application Form - CVs will not be read or accepted.
We are currently looking for an experienced Student Advisor to work primarily at our Moulsecoomb campus in Brighton. The Students’ Union covers all University of Brighton sites and travel to other campus locations will be required.
The Student Advisor is responsible for delivering information and advice for student life and delivering projects and activities relating to the work of the Support team, supporting and contributing to our strategic priority of providing support to students.
Applicants will need to be able to demonstrate their knowledge and experience of:-
- Advising and supporting students on a wide range of issues.
- Managing a confidential and mixed workload.
- Gathering and analysing information.
- Providing excellent representation, negotiation and advocacy.
- Facilitating group sessions.
- The issues facing students in Higher Education (desirable).
- Confidentiality and data protection policies and procedure.
Alongside experience of working in a similar role, preferably within a Students’ Union environment, the successful candidate will need to have excellent listening skills with the ability to be able to evaluate and appraise client needs. They will need to have excellent organizational skills, the ability to engage with a wide range of people and be committed and dedicated to providing an excellent service to our students.
This a permanent full-time position and the normal days of work will be between Monday and Friday but flexibility will be required as some weekend/evening working will be needed.
As well as offering a fun, flexible working environment, staff benefits also include:
• Employer contributed pension scheme
• Generous holiday allowance
• Excellent training opportunities
• Staff Study Leave
• Paid voluntary days
• Sabbatical Leave
• Generous sick leave
• Staff discounts in BSU shops and café-bars
• Discounts on legal services
• Travel Loan Scheme for bus or rail travel card
• Cycle to Work Loan Scheme
• Child Care Voucher Scheme
• Access to University of Brighton facilities eg library and online resources
The Next Step
If you are interested in this role and believe you have the passion, commitment and determination to improve the services provided to our students then please click here for more details about the position, the benefits of working for BSU and how to apply.
Brighton SU is committed to equality of opportunity in employment and welcomes applications from all members of the community as defined in the Equality Act 2010, we are committed to recruiting student and established staff representative of the University’s demographic make up.