STUDENT STAFF - Videographer
Listed by Brighton Students' Union
Application deadline: Sun 23 Feb 2020 23:59
£9.00 per hour
Zero Hour Contract. Hours likely to be between 50 and 70 for the remainder of the academic year (inc developing ideas, shooting and editing hours). Flexibility will be required as weekend and evening working will be needed.
Interview date to be confirmed
Fixed Term Contract until 30 June 2020.
This position is only open to students studying at University of Brighton and will be responsible for assisting the SU’s Communications team in developing content for the union through creating video content throughout the academic year of union campaigns and events to support our communication channels.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To attend union events and campaigns to ensure we have video footage of key activities across all our campuses.
- Work with the Communications team to develop an archive of stock video footage that can be used throughout the year in digital content.
- Work with the team to develop new video content ideas to encourage student engagement in our activities.
- Edit the videos to a high standard with union branding to then be delivered digitally for our social media platforms and website in a timely manner.
- Help develop accessible video content for example through the use of subtitles.
- Support the Communications team through being lead videographer at key union events such as our Freshers’ Fairs, Halloween event, Elections and Union Awards.
- Building a video archive and library using initiative to document student life.
- Meeting deadlines and maintaining communication with the team.
Skills and Experience required
- Be creative and self-motivated.
- Keen eye for detail.
- Experience of using a DSLR camera for videos, particularly a Canon
- Strong knowledge and experience using Adobe Premier Pro and/or iMovie
- Knowledge and experience of using After Effects would be a bonus
- Previous experience in event videography - either voluntary or paid work
This role will have desk space at our Falmer Campus, however there will be frequent travel to other campus locations as required in the provision of the duties for the position.
The Next Step
If you are interested in this role and believe you have the passion, commitment and determination to improve the services provided to our students, please download the Application Form and Equal Ops Form. Once completed, please forward them to email@example.com. Please note that CVs will not be read or considered.
Brighton SU is committed to equality of opportunity in employment and welcomes applications from all members of the community as defined in the Equality Act 2010, we are committed to recruiting student and established staff representative of the University’s demographic make-up.
GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR APPLICATION
Brighton - Falmer