Application deadline: Sun 28 Jul 2019
This is a hands on role that will deputise for the Senior Retail Manager and be responsible for delivering a high level of customer service whilst maintaining well-presented and profitable shops. The successful applicant will be expected to assist with all activities associated with running a busy shop including facilitating all retail programmes, financial and stock management, purchasing, display and selection of stock and management of staff.
This is a full time position working Monday to Friday - flexibility will be required as some evening and weekend work will be required.
Alongside experience of working in a similar role (preferably within a Students’ Union environment), the successful candidate will need to have fantastic communication skills with the ability to engage with a wide range of people. They will also need to have good IT skills, be extremely organised and able to prioritise a high volume of work. An enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed approach to providing an excellent service to our students is essential.
The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate their knowledge and experience of:-
- Running a retail outlet on a day to day basis
- Managing staff – including recruitment, induction, appraisals, rotas, etc
- Maintaining strong and effective retail management systems such as EPOS and Planograms
- Maintenance, legal and Health & Safety regulations in relation to public health and safety standards
- How to motivate, inspire and lead a team in a positive way
- Ways in which to develop, engage and retain customers
The Next Step
If you are interested in applying for the role and believe you have the passion, commitment and determination to improve the services provided to our students, please click here for further details about the job and how to apply.