Despite the colder and darker days, the time is approaching to start getting in the festive spirit!
There are many events occurring, including FREE activities organised by Brighton Students' Union, and other events happening in and around Brighton!
Our FREE Give It A Go festive-themed activities include:
- Festive Tote Bag Embroidery Workshop at The Hive on the 29th of November 4pm to 6pm
- Eastbourne Ice Rink sessions on the 1st & 5th of December 4pm to 5pm
- Festive Bauble Painting at The Venue on the 6th of December 2pm to 4pm
- Christmas Wreath Making at The Venue on the 13th of December 2pm to 4pm
If you would like to book on to any of these activities, then head to our Give It A Go page. All our activities require a £5 refundable deposit that will be returned to you after we confirm your attendance.
There are also many other activities and events happening across Brighton this festive period:
- Brighton Christmas Festival 2022 - 18th November to 24th December
Brighton Christmas Festival is located at St. Peter’s Church Plaza, which is adjacent to St. Peter’s Church. Entry to the festival and Christmas Market is FREE. Other attractions available to enjoy are The Big Wheel, the Après-Ski Bar, and a variety of Christmas Shows. You can find out more and how to book tickets to their attractions here.
- Ice Skating at the Royal Pavilion - 29th October 2022 to 8th January 2023
Every year the Royal Pavilion is transformed into Brighton's stunning ice rink. Students can book £10 off-peak tickets (weekdays up to 5pm until 16th December) and £14 peak tickets (weekdays from 5pm, all weekend sessions and all sessions in the Christmas period from 17th December to 3rd January). Sessions must be booked in advance and are 45 minutes long. You can find out more and book tickets here.
- Burning the Clocks - 21st December 2022
Burning the Clocks is a unique event that celebrates the shortest day of the year. Local people and students like you build paper lanterns, and join a parade through the city that finishes with a huge blazing bonfire of paper lanterns on the beach. The event is FREE to attend and lantern kits can be purchased in locations across the city. You can find out more here.