We are SUPER excited to finally announce ‘Freshers Unplugged’ and can confirm that we will be bringing you a whole load of virtual events, pop up gazebos & interactive fair for this year’s Freshers’ Fortnight from September 26th – October 16th
We were hoping that some physical events across our campuses could take place, however, due to government restrictions?and for your safety,?we are taking Freshers online. Fear not though, we will be organising small popup giveaways in gazebos during the freshers’ period, so watch this space!?
The virtual events we have selected for you will still bring you ways of connecting with other students and making friends. We promise though, as SOON as we can, we will be bringing you some incredible events in real life.
Now, we suppose that we can’t keep you in suspense forever… what exactly does Freshers look like this year?
- The team at BSU have hand selected a range of events that provide you with the opportunity to connect with other students studying at Brighton, including:A Virtual Escape room, E-Sports tournaments, and even community quiz nights? (Spoiler alert: we hear a PlayStation is up for grabs at? our Bingo events too!).?Stay tuned on our social media platforms across the coming days to hear more announcements of events.
- One of our BIGGEST highlights is BSU Connect, our online Freshers’ fair that allows you to discover societies you might like, offers you discounts from local companies and tells you more about Brighton Students’ Union. BSU Connect will be launching from the 28th September, and you will be able to access it here: https://www.brightonsufreshers.com/
On the 1st and 2nd of October we will be hosting a special LIVE chat via BSU Connect, so you can get all of your questions answered.
- Wondering if we will be doing any campus-based events? All we can say for now is to keep an eye on our social media during Freshers’ Fortnight to find out where and when we might be around… it’s a mystery!
But how exactly do you get involved in Freshers’ Unplugged? Where can you find tickets? And what happens if you have anymore questions?
- The team at BSU recognise just how hard the last few months have been regarding the outside world. Now, more than ever, starting University in a new area seems scary and daunting. With this in mind, we have made the decision to make our Freshers’ Fortnight FREE to all students at Brighton University. That’s right, FREE!
- Wristbands for Unplugged 2020 will be available to claim from Wednesday 16th September on our Freshers’ ticketing platform. All events will be included automatically on your wristband, but there is also the option to register for just 1 or 2 events should you wish. Please be aware that there are LIMITED spaces available on certain events, so be sure to claim your wristband early to avoid disappointment. All links will be released next week, so don’t worry about feeling a little lost or confused right now.
- Have a question about Freshers’ this year? Then just get in contact with us on social media, or directly through our Freshers’ email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We know all of that is a lot to process, and that things may already feel a bit overwhelming! But don’t forget, Brighton Students’ Union is here for you. If you feel you need some support or guidance about starting University, you can always contact our fantastic BSU Support Team at: BSUsupport@brighton.ac.uk or if you have a general message about BSU, you can reach us at: helloBSU@brighton.ac.uk
Thank you all for being so patient with us, we can’t wait to welcome you to Brighton later this month!