Welcome to the 11th month of the year, November! Or as some may know it as; Movember.
Movember is Men’s Mental Health Awareness month and as your Students’ Union, we want to take this opportunity to raise awareness of this pressing matter, provide support for our men and also educate ourselves on how we can behave in a sensitive manner.
It’s all well and good saying this, but we guess you’re wondering – What are we going to be doing to support and raise awareness?
Well, we are going to answer that!
WE ARE GOING TO TALK ABOUT VARIOUS SUBJECTS SUCH AS:
- Men’s mental health and what we can do to support our men
- The rise of male suicide rates
- The need to check yourself for Prostate, Testicular, and Breast Cancer
- Why it is important to reach out to others, and how we as an SU and University can help!
HOW ARE WE GOING TO DO THIS:
- We will be providing you with a podcast from our very own President of the Well-being society, Jack
- Provide support services that are available for you to use. Not just for this month but for however long you wish to use them
- To provide opportunities for staff and students to engage in activities
For more information please feel free to check out Movember and our BSU pages: