This Girl Can is a campaign that was started by Sport England. Its aim was to get women and girls active regardless of size, shape and ability. It’s to be said that gender plays a big part on activity levels. “Currently, about 41.7% of men play sport at least once a week, compared to around 31.6% of women”.
BUCS (British Universities and Colleges Sport) have taken the lead on sport and physical activity for women in the Higher Education Sector through the This BUCS Girl Can campaign.
The aims of the This BUCS Girl Can campaign:
- Boost self-esteem and confidence
- Improve fitness levels
- Increase learning performance
- Reduce stress and depression
- Learn fun new skills
- Improve team work
- Protect Healthy heart and body
- Maintain healthy body weight