STUDENT STAFF - Photographer
Listed by Brighton Students' Union
Application deadline: Sun 23 Feb 2020 23:59
Salary - £9.00 per hour
Zero Hour Contract. Hours likely to be between 50 and 70 for the remainder of the academic year (inc developing ideas, shooting and editing hours). Flexibility will be required as weekend and evening working will be needed.
Interview Date to be confirmed
Fixed Term Contract until 30 June 2020.
This position is only open to students studying at University of Brighton and will be responsible for assisting the SU’s Communications team in developing content for the union through taking photographs throughout the academic year of union services, campaigns and events to support our communication channels.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend union events and campaigns at different campuses to ensure we have photographic coverage of key activities - this may be supported by additional Communication team members depending on the event
- Work with the Communications team to develop an image archive of stock photographs that can be used throughout the year and in print and digital materials
- Manage our image archive to ensure all stock is filed and labelled correctly
- Edit photographs to a high standard with a union watermark which can to then be delivered digitally for our social media platforms and website
- Support the Communications team through being lead photographer at certain key union events such as our Freshers’ Fairs, Halloween event, Elections and Union Awards
Skills and Experience required
- Be creative and self-motivated
- Keen eye for detail
- Experience of using a DSLR camera, particularly a Canon
- Strong knowledge and experience using Adobe Lightroom or Photoshop to edit photos to a high standard
- Previous experience in event photography - either voluntary or paid work
- The ability to work independently and well under pressure in order to meet deadlines
This role will have a desk based at our Falmer Campus, however there will be regular travel to other campus locations as required in the provision of the duties for the position.
The Next Step
If you are interested in this role and believe you have the passion, commitment and determination to improve the services provided to our students, please download the Application Form and Equal Ops Form. Once completed, please forward them to email@example.com. Please note that CVs will not be read or considered.
Brighton SU is committed to equality of opportunity in employment and welcomes applications from all members of the community as defined in the Equality Act 2010, we are committed to recruiting student and established staff representative of the University’s demographic make-up.
GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR APPLICATION
Brighton - Falmer