Application deadline: Sun 20 Jan 2019 23:59
To assist the Trading Manager in delivering a high level of customer service, whilst maintaining a well-presented and profitable Shop and Café-Bar. The post will particularly focus on the shop, but will contribute to the management of the café bar, and with emphasis on the retail unit. The post will deputise for the Trading Manager in their absence.
This is a permanent full time role during term time only. Normal days of work will be Monday to Friday but flexibility will be required as some weekend/evening working will be needed.
Alongside experience of working in a similar role the successful candidate will need to have excellent communication skills and the ability to engage with a wide range of people. In addition to this, they will need to have a flexible approach to working hours and be extremely enthusiastic, self-motivated and dedicated to providing an excellent service to our customers.
The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate their knowledge and experience of:-
- Supervising/Managing a retail outlet – including cash handling
- Experience working in a licensed venue or catering outlet
- Providing first class customer care delivery
- Maintaining retail management systems eg EPOS, Planograms, staff rota software, etc
- Ordering stock, negotiating with suppliers and maintaining good stock control
- Maintenance, legal and H&S regulations relating to running a retail/catering/licensed venue
- Staff management – including recruitment, induction, appraisals, etc
- Licensed trade and catering products
- Good IT and administrative/recording skills
The Next Step
For further details about this role, please download the Job Description and Person Specification here. If you are interested in applying and believe you have the passion, commitment and determination to improve the services provided to our students then please download the Application Form and Equal Opportunity Form from our website and then upload them here. Please note that CV’s will not be accepted.
As well as offering a fun, flexible working environment, staff benefits also include:
- Employer contributed pension scheme
- Generous holiday allowance
- Travel Loan Scheme for bus or rail travel card
- Cycle-to-work loan scheme
- Child Care Voucher Scheme
- Access to University of Brighton facilities such as library and online resources
Brighton SU is committed to equality of opportunity in employment and welcomes applications from all members of the community as defined in the Equality Act 2010, we are committed to recruiting student and established staff representative of the University’s demographic make-up.