Application deadline: Sun 20 Jan 2019
To work as part of the wider Union team in building strong and supportive student communities. To assist with the organisation of the main office and BSU business at Grand Parade and its satellite sites. To provide administrative support to staff, Officers and students based (and visiting) the campus.
This is a part time position working 0930 to 1630 hours, 3 days a week during term time only. Days of working will be agreed with the successful candidate but flexibility will be required as some weekend/evening working may be needed.
Alongside experience of working in a similar role (preferably within a Students’ Union environment), the successful candidate will need to have fantastic communication skills with the ability to engage with a wide range of people. They will also need to be extremely enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed to providing an excellent service to our students.
The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate their knowledge and experience of:-
- Excellent IT skills
- Methods for setting up and maintaining effective and efficient office systems
- Dealing with a high volume of information
- Good numerical and literacy skills
- Prioritising a high volume of work and wide range of tasks
- H&S relating to working in an office environment
- Providing first class customer care in service
The Next Step
For further details about the role, please download the Job Description and Person Specification here. If you are interested in this vacancy and believe you have the passion, commitment and determination to improve the services provided to our students then please download the Application Form and Equal Opportunity Form from our website and then upload them here. Please note that CV’s will not be accepted.
As well as offering a fun, flexible working environment, staff benefits also include:
- Employer contributed pension scheme
- Generous holiday allowance
- Travel Loan Scheme for bus or rail travel card
- Cycle-to-work loan scheme
- Child Care Voucher Scheme
- Access to University of Brighton facilities such as library and online resources
Brighton SU is committed to equality of opportunity in employment and welcomes applications from all members of the community as defined in the Equality Act 2010, we are committed to recruiting student and established staff representative of the University’s demographic make-up.